Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yay, It Arrived!

Picked up my new IS300h F-Sport yesterday, and already loving it. Sonic Titanium, F-Sport Rose leather, ML Audio, AVS dampers.

Haven't had the time to geek out with all the trickery, but I will spend this weekend customising the dash and LCD to my liking.

A few quick questions, which will no doubt be answered if I read the manuals that fill the glove box:

1) Is it possible to make the mirrors fold when parked? They dip on reverse.

2) When I click into something on the LCD, such as the music screen (so it's full screen) - it jumps back to a 3 panel view after about 15 seconds. Can you lock it into a view, or does it always hop back to the summary screen?

I'm sure there will be more questions as I get playing. :-)

Craig, congratulations and a superb colour combo IMO. :D

I'm guessing you have the memory seats, and if so then the mirrors will fold in on locking and out again on unlock. I think the button on the control on the drivers door needs to be set to auto. If not, it's something like that!

Unfortunately the music screen will jump back, I think it's only the nav that stays full screen. <_<

Don't forget to move the speedo over using the toggle switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Lot's of fun there, and I like the way a mini nav screen pops up when you are approaching junctions/turnings etc.

Loads of fun but IMO a UI that does your head in :wacko:

Enjoy a great car!

Yes the mirrors fold in when locking - it has to be on auto.

The wife's 300h F-Sport doesn't jump back at all - neither does my RX.

No idea what version its running but the interface is pretty smooth that I haven't really noticed it! Everything works as it should and it hasn't frozen yet

Yeah, the reason I asked about the UI jumping thing was on the demo car I borrowed about 4 months ago, I could get the music view full screen with cover art, etc.

I'll have a dig through all the menus, there is a lot of customisation to do.

On another note, is there any way to have the dash dial auto-open to the split screen view - or do you have to select it every time?

It's a nicer layout IMHO.

On another note, I was a bit shocked on the insurance side of things.

Being a company car, on contract hire, limits the plans somewhat - but as a 33 year old, full no claims the best price i could get was £750.

Makes my TVR Chimaera 4L insurance seem even cheaper than it is at £280!

Unfortunately the music screen will jump back, I think it's only the nav that stays full screen. <_<

Go to Menu -> Setup -> General and there is a screen change setting at the bottom of the first page, switch that to off and it will stop the screen jumping back.

On another note, I was a bit shocked on the insurance side of things.

Being a company car, on contract hire, limits the plans somewhat - but as a 33 year old, full no claims the best price i could get was £750.

Makes my TVR Chimaera 4L insurance seem even cheaper than it is at £280!

Cheapest I got was £500, does depend on where you live though and of course the likelihood of the car being stolen or damaged and the inevitable mileage the car covers.

Ive found that leased cars/company car insurance tends to be more expensive than if you own the car, probably because some people treat the cars like trash and try to get everything done before handing the car back when changing! (BMW owners mainly lol)

Go to Menu -> Setup -> General and there is a screen change setting at the bottom of the first page, switch that to off and it will stop the screen jumping back.

Great, I tried that and it works!

• 3 weeks later...

1) I'm not familiar with the F-sport trim. I just fold mine manually via the button on the driver door.

2) I'm sure there is a way (mine doesn't skip back), but I don't recall it! It's probably in General settings somewhere.

It is worth reading specifically the Navigation manual if you have Navigation, because ultimately it's all connected to that rather than to the car (with my trim, anyway).

Re insurance, I'm around £325 - and that's in Northern Ireland where insurance is typically higher (because the law on maximum pay-outs is different). So have a good hunt around!

Ive just tried admiral multiquote to see -

RX450h F-Sport £432 10k annum and business use

IS300h F-Sport £224 for 304 days! 5k per annum - works out about £270 for a year!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links