Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello, there have been some comments recently about the value/need for a Lexus warranty, bearing in mind that it is £995 for 2 years. Back in march the service manager(Lexus Wolverhampton), convinced me that it would be worthwhile "just in case". It includes 2 years full AA cover which would be around £300 so the warranty was in effect £700.

Yesterday at 9am I took my450 in for its major service-its done 84K, at 11 am came the phone call came to say I needed a new shock absorber and a water pump. This would cost £825, plus the service.

After nearly passing out, the first time in 14 years of Lexus ownership I've had anything like this fail, I asked if these were not covered by the warranty he had sold me.

"Oh I'd forgotten you did that, leave it with me".

Just 15 minutes later a further call to say both items had been accepted and Lexus warranty would be paying.--RESULT.

I reckon I'm about £120 up on the cost and still have 18 months cover left.

As far as I know its the only warranty to cover the whole Hybrid system and will do so up to the car being 10 years old/140K miles.

Pete

I've taken the two year warranty plan which will kick-in when the manufacturers warranty runs out at the end of December 2016, so plenty of peace of mind there for me.

I seem to remember paying something like £795.00 for that which also includes full roadside recovery for the Lexus and any other car we might be in. I thought that was pretty good, being covered up until the end of December 2018.

• Like 1

Hello, there have been some comments recently about the value/need for a Lexus warranty, bearing in mind that it is £995 for 2 years. Back in march the service manager(Lexus Wolverhampton), convinced me that it would be worthwhile "just in case". It includes 2 years full AA cover which would be around £300 so the warranty was in effect £700.

Yesterday at 9am I took my450 in for its major service-its done 84K, at 11 am came the phone call came to say I needed a new shock absorber and a water pump. This would cost £825, plus the service.

After nearly passing out, the first time in 14 years of Lexus ownership I've had anything like this fail, I asked if these were not covered by the warranty he had sold me.

"Oh I'd forgotten you did that, leave it with me".

How strange, my gs450 went in for an intermediate service and guess what, needed a shock absorber and new water pump.

I also had it all repair under the warranty.

My only gripe is I'd have preferred a pair of new shocks but hey ho.

Carl

Just 15 minutes later a further call to say both items had been accepted and Lexus warranty would be paying.--RESULT.

I reckon I'm about £120 up on the cost and still have 18 months cover left.

As far as I know its the only warranty to cover the whole Hybrid system and will do so up to the car being 10 years old/140K miles.

Pete

How strange, my gs450 went in for an intermediate service and guess what, needed a shock absorber and new water pump.
I also had it all repair under the warranty.
My only gripe is I'd have preferred a pair of new shocks but hey ho.

Carl​

Odd indeed. I was half expecting the shock absorber as the guy who did the MOT mentioned it was misting, I also asked if they would be changing the pair but at the price I suppose it was wishful thinking! The water pump was a surprise. It was suggested I might have heard it but perhaps I have the stereo too loud.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links