Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Potential Gs450h Buyer..... Looking For Advice!

Hi guys, i'm really new on here and thought this might obviously be the best place to get some much needed advice on purchasing my first gs450h. I'm aware of the cosmetic exterior differences between the pre facelift and facelft models but am a bit unsure about any interior changes? if someone could fill me in i'd be really grateful.... also, the interior rattles (i'm reading about them all over the net!.) is this something that affects all models sooner or later?, a local lexus tech person tells me the dash clips/design were changed from 2008 model onwards and this problem no longer occurs in the facelift models? or is he just trying for an employee of the month award?.... Reliability wise, what are they like?, hybrid longevity etc, how many of these things develop serious problems? I'm on a budget of around £11k so i'll have to take my time and shop around it seems. Any help massively appreciated. :driving:

Hi guys, i'm really new on here and thought this might obviously be the best place to get some much needed advice on purchasing my first gs450h. I'm aware of the cosmetic exterior differences between the pre facelift and facelft models but am a bit unsure about any interior changes? if someone could fill me in i'd be really grateful.... also, the interior rattles (i'm reading about them all over the net!.) is this something that affects all models sooner or later?, a local lexus tech person tells me the dash clips/design were changed from 2008 model onwards and this problem no longer occurs in the facelift models? or is he just trying for an employee of the month award?.... Reliability wise, what are they like?, hybrid longevity etc, how many of these things develop serious problems? I'm on a budget of around £11k so i'll have to take my time and shop around it seems. Any help massively appreciated. :driving:

Great car.

Buy from a Lexus Dealer who should give you a 12 month warranty, then take out a 24 month extended warranty and enjoy.

I`ve no rattles and it`s been trouble free with superb performance.

Regards

John

Hi Ryan and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. I cant help you with your model choice but I am sure you will get plenty of good advice and tips Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Hi Ryan,

I had a 2008, 450h from new for 4 years, no problems to report although I only do 4K miles a
year, I had a very small rattle, I found out it came from the passenger side
seatbelt housing, an easy fix by the dealership. just have a look at the boot
space and see if it will work for you. in 2012 I changed it for a MK4 450h f sport,
much improved over the MK3, seemed much better built, more power, bigger boot,
better ride, and better economy, it’s a car that I will probably go back to
once I have had my mid life crises with this beast.

As said above buy it from a Lexus dealership, and take
advantage of the 2 for 1 warranty, then you will have 3 years piece of mind. A great
car which I am sure you wont be disappointed with.

Thanks for all the replies/advice guys. Well, i'm pleased to report that after 2 weeks of shopping around i finally took the plunge and bought the beauty you see below!.....(please excuse the rubbish Iphone pics) could'nt be happier with it!... I really think i've found a fantastic example at a decent price, she's the the SE-L model with every single option known to man, including the lexus ipod connector in the glovebox, and with only 28,700 miles on her she'll be with me for quite some time i think. Just one more thing.... God these things shift!..

lexus%201_zpscwml4ij3.jpg

lexus%202_zpsjwcbkgon.jpg

lexus%203_zpskq0suvnh.jpg

lexus%204_zpsoginfn1m.jpg

• Like 3

Looks very nice but then I would say that cos it looks identical to mine.

Mine is an SE version albeit I had all the upgrade apart from sunroof so it's fully loaded.

These cars are very understated and few people have any idea just how quick they are whether that's off the lights or over taking.

Enjoy your new car.

i heard varying reviews on the CVT box, can anyone tell me how it performs compared to a fully auto box as found in the is250 for example?

In my opinion the cvt is more responsive at any revs and more refined for the majority of driving. The only time it can sound a bit harsh is under full throttle acceleration when having one gear revving is a bit strange.

I still drive my wife's is250 and can honestly say I used to think the auto on the is250 was the best box ever until I drove the cvt.

It's something you have to try although to really appreciate it you need a day test drive to use the box in all diving conditions.

Carl

• Like 1

Only just seen your purchase Ryan, as I have driven down to Andalucia and will be here until November.

A great looking car (just like mine) .Do enjoy it and derive much pleasure.

Beware Plod!

Did you buy from a Lexus Dealer and do you have the Lexus warranty.

Happy Motoring and regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links