Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi From Surrey

dukie

Hi

just wanted to say hi and hope all you guys are well, i have just got a GS300 2002 plate and i have to say it the best car i have ever got, so smooth and great to drive , looking forward to get ideas and checking out this forum to see what you guys are saying and doing with your cars, i have always had small cars but i just fell in love with this car when i saw it, this is such a great site looking forward to looking around it

Welcome Desmond, congratulations on your newly acquired car, I'm sure that you will get a great deal of pleasure from it. I felt just like you when I got my first Lexus, an IS220d, it was the best car ever for me too. I then went on to an IS250 and that became the best ever and I've done it again now by going to the IS300h.

You will also get a great deal of pleasure from this forum, there are lots of great people on here, always ready and willing to help. Ask any question and you will get an answer.

Enjoy your car. Sun is shining this morning so off you go for a nice long drive!

• Like 1

Hi Desmond and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. If you think your GS is smooth you wait until you have had a ride in an LS. Regards Mike.

• Like 1

thank you guys for making me feel welcome....... everytime i ride it i love it even more, Mike what the different between the GS and LS thats makes it a better ride, i know its a bit sad but now when i drive it to a car park i try to find a big space so no idiot opens a car door onto it

thank you guys for making me feel welcome....... everytime i ride it i love it even more, Mike what the different between the GS and LS thats makes it a better ride, i know its a bit sad but now when i drive it to a car park i try to find a big space so no idiot opens a car door onto it

Quick diagnosis, I'm afraid you have Chronic Lexus disease, there is no known cure I'm afraid, but we all learn to live with it :whistling:

• Like 1

Quick diagnosis, I'm afraid you have Chronic Lexus disease, there is no known cure I'm afraid, but we all learn to live with it :whistling:

Hahahahaha.... i can live will that

thanks Guys the driving experience is amazing............ This may be a dumb question and i am very sorry if it is, i have driven a manual car for most of my life, all i use is Drive and Park on this new car, when would you use the 2nd and third gear and can you change down like a manual car??. Also how would you use the manual gear ( cant see how you use it ) on the wheel there are down and up buttons what are they used for.. sorry if these are dumb questions :whistling: :whistling:

I use the other gear selections quite often. Mostly to put myself in gear ready for the overtake move or whatever, rather than wait for the kick down to happen. Also on steep declines it can help maintain a better speed without dabbing the brakes all the time.

To use the wheel buttons, you need to put the stick in the "M" position.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

I use the other gear selections quite often. Mostly to put myself in gear ready for the overtake move or whatever, rather than wait for the kick down to happen. Also on steep declines it can help maintain a better speed without dabbing the brakes all the time.

To use the wheel buttons, you need to put the stick in the "M" position.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Thank you very much for the info...........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links