Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Some Urgent Help Needed Please....

Got my feet up watching a bit of telly (Dragons Den actually) and suddenly the phone goes and it's TRACKER to tell me that they have received a low Battery warning signal from my car. I thanked them but told them that my car is still quite safe on my drive.

Question is, what has caused the Battery to go flat. Yesterday I was tinkering around with various audio settings etc etc and, was interrupted by my wife telling me that I was needed on the phone, I quickly pressed the power button (I thought) and then locked the car and took the call.

If I had left anything on, or didn't press the power button properly, would I have still been able to lock the car? I don't recall hearing any warning beep or anything when I did lock it.

I will have to open the car with the manual key and put the Battery on charge first thing tomorrow. What I am concerned about is, how can I tell if I did turn the power off correctly or, if I left anything else switched on, as I don't want any sparks flying when I connect the charger, I will obviously disconnect the earth lead before recharging but, what about when I come to reconnect it, this is when I am most likely to get sparks.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

If I'm honest, I can't remember. What I find worrying is if I left the power button in anything other than 'off' but then I wouldn't have thought that the car would have locked. If the button isn't in the 'off' position, am I likely to do any damage when I connect the charger or when I reconnect the earth lead?

If you press the power button without touching the brakes, it operates an accessory mode, which after about 20mins it automatically turns off to protect Battery life, at least we found that on the Eurotunnel train, as that was the message it said. It did allow us to turn on again though, but it shutdown itself again after about 20mins.

There is the possibility that the tracker system threshold is set too high and there is nothing wrong.

Sorry cannot help on the topic but this tracker service, is it on my car or is an extra purchased service?

Hi Richard, my car was 12months old when I bought it and the tracker was already fitted. When you sell the car the new owner has to register the unit again in their name. I was able to take advantage of an offer that gave me membership for as long as I own the car. That cost me £399.00 which is cheap when compared to paying an annual subscription. I don't think that they provide that option anymore.

If I'm honest, I can't remember. What I find worrying is if I left the power button in anything other than 'off' but then I wouldn't have thought that the car would have locked. If the button isn't in the 'off' position, am I likely to do any damage when I connect the charger or when I reconnect the earth lead?

It certainly should have beeped as you got out with the ignition on. I suspect you did turn everything off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links