Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I noticed during the recent hot weather that the hybrid Battery seemed to loose its energy quicker than normal & didn't appear to be as quick at recharging ... only seemed to be on very hot days...

I checked & had everything switched off including the fan ... does anyone know if this is normal or had anything similar ?...

Thanks Colin ... the only other time I have seen bars that low on the energy monitor.was when I had the car sat in neutral for quite some time (the point that the engine fires up for no apparent reason at above average revs for a noticably long time) ... the wife may have had shopping bags in front of those vents, I'll keep my eyes open next time...

Remember the aircon works off the batteries, its not belt driven like normal cars.

Thanks Steve, I'm too tight to run the aircon m8 ... lol... I only put it on for a few minutes now & again to check everything is working as it should be... (I really prefer the sunroof).

I had the car sat in neutral for quite some time (the point that the engine fires up for no apparent reason at above average revs for quite some)

Don't do that. The system isn't able to recharge the batteries in neutral. Park or drive are the only two positions the gear lever should be left in for any period of time.

• Like 2

I had the car sat in neutral for quite some time (the point that the engine fires up for no apparent reason at above average revs for quite some)

Don't do that. The system isn't able to recharge the batteries in neutral. Park or drive are the only two positions the gear lever should be left in for any period of time.

Cheers Colin sound advice buddy, I had just got the car & didn't know this at the time

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. As Bill said in the first post, I too have noticed my Battery indicator screen drop more often in the warm weather. Also three times it's gone to three purple bars and the engine then comes in to recharge. As far as I can tell it's happened when I have been circling car parks trying to find a space. Usually the indicators are blue or green and full.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are running just in electric only mode around a car park then your Battery will go into the purple zone and the engine will turn on to recharge. This is normal and happens whether the weather is hot or cold. Also happens quite a lot when in stationary traffic, e.g. the M25.

• Like 1

I completely agtree Colin, fortunately I have never had the pleasure of sitting on the M25 ... lol ...

I am a bit obsessed with the energy monitor & am convinced Battery levels dissipate far faster on the odd hot day we get here in the sunny Uk ...

Warmth most definitely affects hybrid Battery packs as it does any Battery really, heat is a big killer, cold makes them Lazy.

I have seen posts on other models where the unsuspecting owners believe they have "extra speakers" as the vent covers often unfortunately do have that kind of appearance.

Your car actually has 3 separate cooling fans that run together to cool the Battery pack internals, quite powerful centrifugal ones too. :) A very good thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put my car through a car wash for the first time. Conveyer belt wash so car had to be in neutral. Before the end of the wash all hell let loose on the dash. Warning dings, warning on screen to shift to park or drive. Engine started ok at the end.

Is it ok tt leave the car in N, engine off in this situation. Wash attendant said to leave ignition on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links