Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Downsizing

rhosneigr

After some complaining from my OH about car parking and the car being too big for just the two of us I have changed my 2010 RX450h premier for a 2015 CT200h premier. The CT was registered by the garage on 30th June and with only 40 miles on the clock and a very good discount off the list price I took delivery on the 10th July. After only a few days I'm still getting used to the difference in size and performance but I am pleasantly surprised. The ride is a little firmer but not to much and the performance is more than adequate. There are a couple of things that are a bit annoying at the moment, one being the constant bleeping when in reverse which I think can be changed by the dealer, the other being that now and again as I'm driving a couple of beeps sound for what appears to be no reason. I hope someone from this forum can help me out with this.

hi and welcome to the forum

you can have the dealer turn off the reversing beeps,BUT you can do it yourself.

download an app called carista (basic version is free)you will need the customisations

which is chargeable (unless you become a beta tester then its free) from the app

you can adjust most items a dealer can,i.e. windows up & down by a press & hold of a button

on the fob and reverse beeps on & off,i hope this helps you.

enjoy your new car

Hi

Beeps are possibly when you are coming up to speed cameras. I have an F Sport with upgraded sat nav etc. and the car beeps about 100m before the camera.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. I've not been near any traffic cameras today so can't test your theory about the beeps. As the car is only a week old I'm going to ask the dealer to sort out the reversing beeps, but have been looking at the Carista web site and will probably have a go at the other customisations. The problem I see is that they only sell their OBD2 adaptor in the USA and am wondering whether other adaptors would allow the customisation on the CT200h that they claim on their website.

Ì have now done the customisation on the car using the Carista app coupled with an adaptor off amazon. I upgraded to the Pro version at a cost of £15.73 and completed the task in a few minutes. The only problemis that my car is fitted with a sunroof and although the app says open/close windows and sunroof with the remote key the sunroof does not respond. I have emailed the Carista people about this and await their response. What a great app though.

its a stunning app,for what it would of cost you to get to the dealer in terms of fuel / time you can change settings as and when you like.

i did have the open windows function but i opened all my windows one day without knowing so it is something to be aware of ,it was a dry day luckily.

to be fair to lexus they did ask me if i really wanted this enabling and i said yes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links