Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I am considering changing my '06 GS300 for a '09 GS450H at my local Lexus dealer. The offer they are making all seems very reasonable but they are suggesting that we include a Supagard treatment to the paint and interior for a fee of £305.

is this Supagard any good and is it worth what they are asking on a car of this size and type?

Regards.

It costs a car dealer approx £60 to £80 for the full Supaguard kit and to apply it. Like alloy/tyre insurance (which can be worth it) Gap insurance and other 'offers' allow the dealer to get back some of the discount they have given, or to increase their margins, which to be fair are often tight.

I have bought a few cars recently. Was offered Gap insurance for £400 on my GS when my own insurance co. would sell it to me for £95, and Supagard for more than your offered price. Put 'Supagard' into eBay and you might be surprised at what the kit would cost you

You could try to negotiate the price down as they will still make money. At £305 imho it is a costly option..........

M

the cost is about right, really depends on weather your into car cleaning yourself, you could buy just as good products if not better for half that price, but then you will have to do the hard work yourself.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/exo-v2-and-c1-crystal-lacquer-kit.aspx

I'd be asking was it done when new and if no what's the point on 6 year old paint now. May as well spend the money on a good professional valet.

My thoughts as well, if the pair work is prepped properly, I, e cleaned, machine polished etc then protected then okay, but realistically it will have a 10 minute wash then the"sealant " will be applied over scratches, dirt etc.

Mine was done but a month ago, but there is still moss under the window seals so when I get a chance I will clean thoroughly, Polish with auto glym srp to cut back to a good finish and then hd wax to protect it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links