Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Vsc/traction/engine Management And Lexus Non-diagnosis

Hey Guys,

So I recently brought an is250 after much pondering and advice from the guys on the forum. Anyway here's my story.

1. Brought car, drove approx 100 miles everything running fine.

2. Took car to be serviced independently, 5 miles down the round the 3 dreaded lights come on

3. Check forum, reset ecu (by disconnecting battery) and drive approx 50 miles before all lights re-appear

4. Take car to lexus who charge £99 for a diagnostic, car is fully checked over, advised there are no fault codes in the ECU, reset and sent on my way.

5. Lights re-appear again after approx 50miles.

6. Car taken back to lexus who again run diagnostic, no fault, advised if it comes on again I will need to leave the car with them for a full day,lights cleared and sent on my way.

7. Approx 50 miles Lights re-appear.

8. Didnt drive car the whole day and lights come off on its own.

9. Lights reappear after approx 20miles. I see a friend of a friend outside my dads house, he plugs in diagnostic tool and it shows fault c1201.

The reason I took it to lexus was for piece of mind and its a 9 year old car. To be honest I dont feel as though I can trust lexus by taking my car to them again if Joe bloggs came and found the fault. Has anybody got any advice/similar issues?

C1201 is an ABS problem, and will not cause the engine management light to come on. (VSC.traction.abs lights on)

If you mean P1201, then that is an engine problem and will cause the engine management light to come on - this is a fuel injector problem.

Clearing the ECU is a big no-no for fault finding, because it will clear the fault code, and delete all trace of what caused the problem in the first place. Most of the problems that cause the lights to come on will automatically reset, if the fault disappears and will be automatically deleted from the ECU if the fault doesn't occur in the next 2 engine starts.

It's much easier to diagnose this sort of thing, if the code reader is plugged in while the lights are on, and the engine isn't switched off. Disconnecting the Battery will completely destroy any possible chance of a successful diagnosis.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links