Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Express Xmas Special

UKPulse

So I turn to page 51 where there's a picture of a '51 IS200 SE in the background, the item has the title "Honda Accord vs rivals". How do they fare?

• 1st - Honda Accord 2.0 Executive
  • 2nd - Audi A4 2.0 FSI SE
  • 3rd - Mazda 6 2.0 TS2
  • 4th - Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 Elite
  • 5th - Lexus IS200 SE

My pick of 2003? The Honda is £600 cheaper (list) has better acceleration and fuel consumption and slightly worse residuals. Never driven one, but it looks pig ugly from the front, and too similar to the Mazda. The Audi is £550 dearer, has that generic euro-shape, and the dealers are a bunch of utter cowboys (sadly I speak from personal experience of 4 dealerships). The Mazda is around £3,500 cheaper, a tad slower and has worse residuals but better mpg, but again I don't like the front, and they stole the design concept of their rear lights from Lexus (but then hasn't everyone these days!). The Vauxhall is over a grand cheaper, not as quick but has better mpg. However, it's bland, common, it's residuals are a joke and I refuse to subsidize fleet buyers.

So there we have it - in my completely biased view, the Lexus comes top!! :D

Happy Christmas Auto Express :lol:

:lol:

IS200 versus rivals.... I can see why the Audi and Honda would be compared, but Mazda and Vauxhall? - They're rep-mobiles.

My ideal car would combine the best bits of Lexus with the best bits of Honda (Engine!). I'm very pro-Honda as I just love their philisophy in designing most of their cars - they start with the engine and work out. I really like the shape of the new Accord (especially with those graphite 17" wheels) and if I had to choose between it and an IS200 at the moment I'd choose the Honda. So my top two would be:

1st Honda

2nd Lexus

:P

How on earth can it lose to the VECTRA !!! I had the misfortune to drive one for a few days on a weekend break, it was truly a dog. I was very tempted to rip the stupid "intelligent" indicator stalk off. And horrible handling, in fact nothing to recommend it at all.

Autoexpress are clueless !

My ideal car would combine the best bits of Lexus with the best bits of Honda (Engine!). I'm very pro-Honda as I just love their philisophy in designing most of their cars - they start with the engine and work out.

Lexus have the ability ro rival Honda on the engine front. If only they'd used VVTLi engine technology in instead of the VVTi (that the yaris gets), then we'd have 210+ NA BHP.

That would have made the Sport worthy of it's name.

I think that's why they warranty the cars with S/Cs - because the feel guilty for producing such an under powered engine.

It is simply not possible to compare a Lexus with a Vauxhall! Completely different classes! I absolutely detest Vauxhalls, coming from Luton, they are everywhere, so common. The IS would win any comparison with a Vectra in any respectable magzine.

Nice one Auto Express... :iraqi-info-minister:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links