Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Starter Solenoid

Steve

Have a small problem... I know this is not a Lex or Toyota at that but a simple question i have on my Nissan

Solenoid has packed up.. cannot buy a solenoid on its own as I have to buy the starter along with it.

If i was to go to the scrappy and pick one up is it possible for me to exchange the solenoid without changing the whole starter motor?

scrappy did not have one.. however.. i was lucky enough to buy a brand new solenoid on its own.. very suprised considering most dealers want you to buy the engine with the starter :angry:

still cost £50!

went to the scrap yard and they had a T reg IS200 with frontal damage for £4k

rest of the car was intact from what i could see.

some of the motors they were flogging really made me wish i was good with car bodyworks! prices wee incredible

• 3 weeks later...

i installed solenoid.. first time it started ok and 2nd and 3rd but 4th time it started clicking again.

I tapped the solenoid and stried starting the car again and it worked... i kept trying to start the car until again it failed...

now when i tap the solenoid (i was on my own) the starter was not fully engaging

Have i installed the solenoid incorrectly?

sounds like it could be the starter itself did you take it out to look at it.try tapping the starter rather than the solanoid .or remove starter and see what it is like might just need a clean up and a bit of grease.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links