Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried fitting these flexible Daytime Running Lights to their IS220d, or are they a waste of time?

If they're useless can can anyone recommend a reasonable, decent DRL kit that is kinda easy to install as I'm hopeless with cars.....

Cheers

Guest bigbullhead

Don't do it has they are closed units and the the bulbs blow easily I had them on my Astra and you need to buy a kit that reduces light when main beam comes on otherwise they blind people at night,I also cut my bumper to fit them like they came with car and if you get the angle wrong they face the traffic when they should be just away mine looked good though but a ball ache to fit I would just get some LED fog lights and cross your fingers you don't get tugged by the bill(message to self)

Fog lights in normal driving conditions are illegal. Why you need to drive around like a mobile light house is beyond me. If you want some lights on turn your sidelights on, that way you wont endanger other road users and the police wont pull you and issue you with a fixed penalty notice. Mike.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies folks.

Don't intend to drive with fog lights on unless it's foggy as Polis round my way are murder for pulling people traffic offences.

I like the look of DRL's is all, but if it's gonna be a hassle I'll just do without.....

Thanks for the replies folks.

Don't intend to drive with fog lights on unless it's foggy as Polis round my way are murder for pulling people traffic offences.

I like the look of DRL's is all, but if it's gonna be a hassle I'll just do without.....

Why do you just not turn on your sidelights or even dipped headlights? No wiring problems then. Mike.

Shame these days most seem to just want to follow(fit in with the crowd,be part of the in thing),the drl's on some cars give cause for concern as in the evenings when it gets dark drivers think they have their proper lights on and they don't and unfortunately have no rear lights on(they should be made to work with the rears too as in the old volvos,much safer.Don't get it with the black wheels either,all of a sudden its black wheels or nothing even though in some cases they look awful,everyone to their own I suppose lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have spent a lot of time on the forums trying to find a way to get my fog lights to work without having to have the sidelights on first.

I have 9006 LED headlight bulbs in my fogs and when lit, they are bright enough to double as DRLs, but being LED they do not glare.

So if I can get the fog light switch to work without any other lights, I could get away with running them as DRLs.

Have emailed a couple of auto electricians, but they all want to have the car for an hour to work out how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I bought it in china because is cheapest, arrived in 15 days

But if you didn't want buy from china, here is the link in UK:

In the night, is very beautiful but in the day, you can see the white tube in your headlight

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links