Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Question About Swaping Is 200 Engine

Tosferina

Hi everybody,

First of all, let introduce myself. I am currently living in Melbourne and I bought an automatic Lexus IS 200 sedan in January 2015. I was delighted with the car, It was really in a great working condition. After that, I registered in this forum and downloaded some documents such as the repair and the owners manuals following the links that I found in here. I also used the pages to get wise tips from you guys in regards to maintenance and more topics. But all of this finished barely two months later when a twenty something mate crashed into us and my beloved car was declared write-off. I refused to sell it to a wrecker for just $AUS 400 and I still got it with the hope of fixing it some time in the future.

And the other day I saw a ray of light when someone had advertised an automatic Lexus IS200 Sport Luxury with a broken engine. So the question is if it would be possible to swap then, I mean, are they identical? if so, Has any of you performed this complex task before ? If the response to the first question is YES, I would appreciate any piece of advice from you guys on this daunting challenge if I finally decide to go for it.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links